Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Delicious Pulled Pork Sandwich with a Cider Keg Twist!
- 4 lbs. pork roast
- 2 Ontario cooking onions, sliced, divided
- 1 Ontario Spanish onion, chopped
- 5-6 cloves
- 2 cups water
- bottle Cider Keg Apple Grilling Sauce
- salt and pepper
- Place one sliced onion at the bottom of crock pot.
- Stud pork roast with cloves and season with salt and pepper.
- Place roast in slow cooker on top of the sliced onion.
- Cover with the second sliced cooking onion and add enough water to fill crock pot 2/3 of the way.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-12 hours. Remove roast.
- Remove and discard cloves, bone and fat as well as any water, onions and grease remaining in pot.
- When pork roast is cool enough to handle, use a fork or your fingers to pull it apart until the entire roast is shredded.
- Return the pulled pork to crockpot.
- Mix in chopped onion and BBQ sauce and cover.
- Heat on high for 1-3 hours or until the Spanish onion is soft.
- Serve on large, crusty buns with Cider Keg Apple Grilling Sauce.
- Garnish with local pickled asparagus spears, thinly sliced raw onion and pickled pepper rings.